The Bainbridge Island Chamber of Commerce serves our members – more than 600 strong – and the community-at-large as a business advocacy organization and lead agency for island tourism and economic vitality.The Chamber has provided leadership for more than 80 years, and is a vital non-profit organization, working with virtually every organization on the island and a majority of businesses. Our role is to promote member businesses, ensure a healthy business climate and promote Bainbridge Island as a wonderful place to live, work and play!
We work hard to facilitate communication and foster good relations between business, government and the community. The Chamber draws its strength from the hundreds of businesses and organizations that support the association through membership dues.
Under the Chamber’s umbrella are the Licensing Agency and two Visitor Information Centers – at our main office and at the Bainbridge ferry terminal. We also help to promote classes, workshops and seminars through our community events calendar and our company Facebook page.
We publish a periodic newsletter featuring articles on Chamber events, members, and local activities; a weekly email blast; plus offer our members and the public dynamic breakfast programs and After Hours events on a monthly basis. In addition, the Chamber stages a variety of successful community events throughout the year.
The Chamber’s overriding charter is to promote Bainbridge island as a great place to live, to do business and to visit. To that end, the Chamber has focused on the following goals:
- Act as an advocate for the business community in City affairs and encourage cooperation in the business community.
- Promote buying on Bainbridge.
- Increase involvement and input of members in Chamber activities.
- Assist and encourage home based businesses.
- Provide community information to residents and visitors.
- Maintain a referral-recognition system for local businesses.
- Sustain and encourage tourism and visitor activity.